Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Art Of Noise

Even though it's months now that I moved to my new flat I haven't neither been able nor motivated to unpack and set up all I brought here. All in all happening step by step - very small steps. Anyway, looks that it's time to start doing it.

While waiting for my just ordered 17"MBP it's time to prepare for one of it's major uses: Home recording and producing demos.

Haven't done any of this stuff for quite a time. The last recordings I did seriously date back about 10 years. Jeez! I just made up my mind about the equipment I used:
  • Escom Paradigma 486 notebook
  • MS Win 3.11 (instead of DR GEM)
  • Steinberg Cubasis
  • Steinberg PCmidi (parallel)
  • Yamaha QY20
  • Yamaha MDF-1
  • Yamaha PSS-480
  • BOSS BX-4 mixer
  • AIWA tape deck
The results were quite impressive - for demo recordings. And I've had some real fun doing that stuff. And, you know, words can only say so much - it's hard to express...

Time went by. A lot of things happened that brought even more changes to my life. A lot of them sure worth telling another time.

For a couple of years I'm a proud owner/user of a MacBook. Again and again it's quite impressing what is possible using this thing. Even the bundled stuff can help you produce quite a few things. Arranged some sweet backing tracks for remixing with the free loops already for example.

Now I'm about to set up my small home recording corner again:
  • 17" MacBook Pro (can't wait for delivery)
  • GarageBand (may switch to Logic express later)
  • M-Audio MIDISPORT 2x2 (Anniversery Edition)
  • Yamaha QY20 (still have this "notebook")
  • Yamaha PSS-480 (yes, still there)
  • BOSS BX-4 mixer (for other audio sources)
And maybe, yes, maybe I'll even get a guitar (electric one, nice sound, more options).

I think that will be a lot of fun. And maybe I will post the one or the other demo track here (or link it, more likely). That way all can enjoy (like it - or not) the art of noise.

CU - GU!

No comments:

Post a Comment